One of the ways Evergreen Homes builds comfortable, energy efficient homes is by including quality HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) systems. In order to reduce your home’s utility bills, regular maintenance is important for keeping the equipment operating efficiently and avoiding costly repairs.
Choosing a maintenance plan for your new home’s HVAC system is an important decision that can impact the performance, efficiency, and lifespan of your system. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a maintenance plan:
- Manufacturer’s recommendations: Check your HVAC system’s user manual or warranty documentation to see if the manufacturer recommends a specific maintenance plan. Following their recommendations can help ensure that your system runs efficiently and is covered under warranty.
- Frequency of maintenance: Consider how often you want your HVAC system to be serviced. Most experts recommend scheduling maintenance twice a year, once in the spring for air conditioning systems and once in the fall for heating systems. However, some maintenance plans may offer more or less frequent service visits.
- Services included: Look at the specific services included in each maintenance plan. Some plans may only include basic services such as filter replacement and system cleaning, while others may offer more comprehensive services like duct cleaning or component replacement.
- Cost: Compare the cost of each maintenance plan to determine which one offers the best value for your budget. Keep in mind that a higher cost may reflect more comprehensive services or a longer-term contract.
- Reputation of the service provider: Look for a reputable and experienced service provider to ensure that your HVAC system is properly maintained. Check reviews, ratings, and testimonials from previous customers to get an idea of the service provider’s reliability and quality of work.
Here is some information on the Comfort Assurance Program offered by Evergreen Homes’ HVAC subcontractor, Area Heating & Cooling. Having regular maintenance on your home’s heating and cooling systems will keep them running efficiently with regular cleaning and inspections.
Overall, the best maintenance plan for your HVAC system will depend on your specific needs, budget, and preferences. Be sure to carefully consider each of the above factors before making a decision.